Annual Giving

Increasing Opportunities

Reducing barriers to education at KES.
Approximately 1/3 of the students who attend King's-Edgehill School receive financial aid or scholarships, and while the campus is historic and beautiful, it is not fully accessible. Your gift to the Increasing Opportunities Annual Giving Campaign will help to reduce these barriers.


List of 13 frequently asked questions.

  • How do I give to KES if I live in the United States?

    We have established the Friends of King’s-Edgehill School Foundation Inc. to accept donations in US funds. The states that the Foundation can currently accept donations from are: Nevada, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, Massachusetts, New York, Wisconsin, Delaware, Iowa, Idaho, Indiana, Montana, Nebraska, South Dakota, Vermont, Wyoming, Arizona, Missouri, and California.

    Gifts from our donors in the above listed states can be made via cheque, payable to: Friends of King’s-Edgehill School Foundation Inc. or through the online payment method Zelle using the Friends of King’s-Edgehill School Foundation email Click here to get started

    The Friends of Independent Schools and Better Education (FRISBE) is a licensed non-profit organization that channels U.S. donations to independent schools around the world. In return for your donation, FRISBE will issue you an IRS tax receipt. FRISBE ensures that 100% of your donation amount is received by your designated charitable organization.

    To make a gift to King's-Edgehill School through FRISBE, send a cheque for your donation payable to:

    Friends of Independent Schools & Better Education (FRISBE)
    117 E. Louisa Street, #533
    Seattle, WA 98102

    With your cheque, include a message that states:
    1. Your name and address
    2. Your wish to donate to:
      King's-Edgehill School
      33 King's-Edgehill Lane
      Windsor, NS B0N 2T0
    If you have specific questions for FRISBE, contact:
    Peter Stroble, President
    Friends of Independent Schools and Better Education

    Or download the form here.
  • How do I give to KES if I live in the United Kingdom?

    Donations to KES can be made by going to the UK Fund for Charities website and select King's-Edgehill School as the UKFC International Program member.

    Click here to donate
  • How do I mail in my donation?

    Please send cheque to: 

    King's-Edgehill School
    ATTN: Advancement and Alumni Department
    33 King's-Edgehill Lane
    Windsor, NS  B0N 2T0

    *You may indicate in a note which Annual Giving Priority you would like to support. 

    Annual Giving Priorities for 2022-2024:
    • Campus accessibility projects
    • Scholarships and financial aid
    • Headmaster's priorities
  • How do I donate by phone?

    Please call our Finance team at 902-798-2278 to donate over the phone using your credit card. 
  • I would like to include or add KES in my will. What do I need to do now?

    We recommend that you consult your lawyer to discuss how easy it is to include or add KES to your will. If you require assistance finding an advisor, the Advancement and Alumni team at KES would be happy to connect you with an expert in the field.
  • How do I contact the Advancement and Alumni team?

    Call us at 902-798-2278 or send us an email at
  • I want to leave a gift to KES. How can I do this and minimize the impact on my family's inheritance?

    An understanding of tax laws and how they relate to different asset categories makes it possible to allocate funds to provide for your family, reduce your tax burden through a charitable donation and leave room for a meaningful gift to KES at relatively little cost. After providing for the well-being of your family and loved ones, you can then bequeath an amount or percentage of your assets to KES. Speak to your advisor to determine which type of planned gift is right for you.
  • What is an appropriate time to consider a planned gift?

    Typically there are a number of momentous events which signal that it is time to organize your estate or will. Examples of these events are changes in marital status, birth of children, starting a business or buying a home. Any time you create or make changes to an existing Will, this is the perfect time to consider leaving a planned gift to KES.
  • Can I decide how my contribution is distributed within the School?

    Donors often specify their gift be used for a particular area or purpose of the School. Our top priority is to honour these requests assuming the purpose is in line with the School’s overall mission. If you wish to do designate your gift, please contact us for assistance with bequest language.
  • Am I able to give anonymously?

    Yes. All donors are given the opportunity to remain anonymous. Please notify our Advancement and Alumni team to ensure your wishes are respected.
  • My assets are not in Canada, what should I do?

    Friends of Independent Schools and Better Education (FRISBE), is a U.S. non-profit organization that facilitates gifts to KES from U.S. alumni, parents, grandparents, and friends. If you would like to receive an IRS tax receipt for your contribution to KES or if you reside in a country outside of North America and are interested in making a gift to the School, please contact our Advancement and Alumni team for more information.
  • How can I get involved in planned giving now?

    Speak to your lawyer, estate planner or financial advisor and bring
    along the sample bequest language provided. Also, feel free to call
    the Advancement and Alumni team and we will help you get answers to your questions.
  • Should I tell KES that I have left a gift?

    Yes. At KES, we would appreciate knowing in advance of your
    planned gift so that we can recognize your generosity and discuss
    your wishes for how your donation will be used in the future.
King’s-Edgehill School is located in Mi'kma'ki, the unceded ancestral territory of the Mi’kmaq People.